- Wednesday 8th August 14:00 - 17:00 -
Workshop : Sashiko & Boro: mending & customization with Japanese stitching
This workshop is mending or customization of your cloths
(jeans, trousers, skirt, dress, shirt, t-shirts, coat, scarf, a bag, a cover, a cushion.... etc)
Sashiko is a sewing technique that uses traditional geometric pattern stitching.
It looks like drawing with thread on the various fabrics.
Originally, sashiko was used in Japan to repair holes in clothes, reinforcing them
and allowing the scarce fabrics to be used for as long as possible.
Their beauty and spirit are becoming the focus of public attention in recent years.
You can represent your world on your items as a designer or an artist
by Japanese traditional pattern or your own pattern.
And the concentration on Sashiko can make you peaceful.
Enjoy your creation and savour the moment with Japanese tea!
*With Sashiko, we will savour a bowl of light matcha or Japanese herbal tea.
* for everyone, beginners included
* all tools are in our atelier
* please bring your patch (if you need) and items
* Capacity - Max. 5 persons
* Languages -English, French and Japanese
* Lecturer - Saiko MAEDA (profile)
- Venue -
ENKIDU asbl, Square Baron Alfred Bouvier 6, 1060 Brussels
- Date and Time -
8th Aug, 14:00 - 17:00
- Fee (all materials included, booking and advance payment) -
(When you would like to use our Japanese fabric as your patch : + 5-10 euro, payment on the day)
-- Booking --
Please send your name and phone number to: email@example.com
and transfer 40 euro to : BE 12 3631 1593 9692 (SAIAN)
Your reservation will be valid when we receive your transfer.
* If you need an invoice, please mention your name and address (+ your TVA number) in your e-mail.
* Cancellation fee
!! Reservations should be made at the latest 3days in advance
Informations & questions : firstname.lastname@example.org